Wednesday 8 September 2010

Ode to the 'My Size Crew'

They wait all year for summer
And when it does arrive
The blues they do a runner
And you hear the call “Hay My Size!”

Don ‘t be fooled by silly names,
Murkle, Slippery, Sky,
Double D aint playing games
Turkish smile’s no lie.

But how to spot the My Size crew?
Men of the rarest breed-
Look out for armbands, goggles too
“Oi you, come here” is all they need.

The girls they fall but boys fall harder
They wear big hearts out on their sleeve
Loyalty’s their trait mas que nada
An unexpected gift to please.

Kings of kingdom Cabo Roig
The town’s their coastal playground
Bushwaka girls their favourite toys
The summer’s heaving fairground.

Don’t get me wrong these boys are charmers
Sparkling eyes and smiles to match
But never will the hands of karma
Strike them down- they have no catch.

To find a group of men so loyal
(to eachother rather than the girls)
Across the seas and lands you’d toil
This ‘mandom’ love will make you hurl.

But ladies this is all in jest
These boys are worth your time and love.
My summers with them have been the best
Saying goodbye for me is tough.

When slippery lay in hospital
The ‘My Size’ stood beside his bed
Those smiling eyes not lost at all
They soothed his beaten, broken head.

A star that bright cannot be damaged
His humour and his strength withheld
Without that boy I could not have managed
He picks me up when I feel I’ve failed.

They all in turn have made me laugh
And so these words are for the girls:
In summer land the times aren’t tough
But this advice is wisdom’s pearls:

If you hear the call “Hay my size”
Stop right there and turn your head
Coz’ if you really are a ‘their size’
You should be flattered that’s what they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment