Thursday 30 June 2011

Sugar Hut Aren't Happy (But they don't really give a S***)

And so the reply....



Apologies that this took a while to post up- but if you care to read a good example of how NOT to run your customer care department read on….

I felt by the end of this exasperated email, that rather than apologise, they thought it was better I didn’t come at all, as if I should know that this is how the Sugarhut is run, and furthermore be grateful and put up with it..






Dear Ms. Miller


Your blog was indeed brought to our attention and our response, which we were about to post, is below.



I was rather flattered by this- and slightly disappointed- would have been much more fun if they have actually had the balls to post this online rather than back out an email it over…




We were very disappointed to read your blog Melody and, taking into account all your criticisms, wonder what made you want to visit to Sugar Hut. You were clearly aware that the club would be very busy, yet you queued “in the cold” for an hour to get in and stayed long enough to sample all the different areas.




Oh no, Sugarhut is disappointed in me- Thie paragraph suggests that I should of known better, that I should have given up before I got to the door and I’m the silly one for even entering and trying to find a space to breathe in all the different areas. Silly me.

“Go to the Sugar hut, Essex’s greatest tourist attraction! But do so at your own peril, because we don’t actually care if you do come along, and really we secretly laughing at all you silly customers that que in the cold, actually que, and then stay…..”

As regards the points you raise:


Thank you for bringing the confusion as to entry price to our attention and this is being addressed. We will happily send you a £5 refund if you let us know your address, although you did have the option to walk away on the night if you felt you were being “robbed”.


Is it me or is there a hint of sarcasm there? And lets be honest, its not a ‘confusion’- (MASSIVE air quotes please.) Unless the girl on the door can’t tell the time (a serious possibility) then there’s no confusion, someone knew they were making a hefty profit. Its very kind of her to offer to post me my fiver, but what about the rest of the group? Or the hundreds of people in front of me?






We operate a zero tolerance policy on drugs and make no apologies for conducting searches before entry.



Yep, because that was my problem here- that I wasn’t allowed drugs on the premises.



We have received no complaints from our regular customers (yes we do have them) regarding the increase of visitors and the club’s capacity is 1,000 and not 2,000 as you erroneously state.


Again with the sarcasm, (but bravo on the big word) and I think if it she had read my blog correctly , she'd see that I was pointing out I had been a regular customer.


The licensing laws state that plastic glasses are used throughout the venue and we must adhere to this rule.



Then it's probably not a good idea to advertise yourselves as a ‘West End Experience’ then because if its the Law you're worried about, then I’m pretty sure you're breaking advertising laws in thre somewhere.


Michael Norcross is a successful businessman and has reached where he is today by hard work and being involved in every aspect of his ventures. He has always been present at the club to ensure that guests are happy and things are running smoothly, although his profile has undeniably been raised by “The Only Way Is Essex” and he is now recognised.


Oooh its Michael now is it, forgive me. Being involved in every aspect of a nightclub involves tasks that I sincerely sympathise with, watching him smooze with legs blondes right left and centre. Hard work indeed.


To reiterate, we are sorry you didn’t enjoy your evening with us but can assure you that our regular clientele is enjoying the company of the wide variety of visitors from all over the UK and, thankfully, opinions such as yours are rare.






Regards


Karen Rogers


PA to Michael J. Norcross










MIAOW!!



I was perhaps a tad optimistic to think that this woman would have offered some sort of conciliation to our group, invite us back again to prove we were wrong about all the above. But by making it quite clear that I am wrong, that it doesn’t even matter anyway because they have enough other clients, just proves my point. Who cares if you provide lousy service, overcharge, when the tills are bulging? Because she’s right- those doors have ques outside all weekend- they don’t need the little minions because the name is big enough that presently it feeds itself.



The Sunday Express funnyily enough ran a piece that following week saying the exact same thing with a slightly more bemused tone- that Sugar Hut is a tourist attraction- not a West end experience nightclub.



So lets agree to disagree Karen, my opinion is definitely not as rare as you think, but while the doors are jammed full of orange wannabes, enjoy- but all cheap tourist attractions loose their sparkle when the novelty has worn off, and what used to be- dare I say it- a classy place to spend an evening, will very soon become a joke without the show to prop it up. Lets hope they makes a series three eh Micky…


Oh, and Karen, you can post that fiver back to me.





Yours sincerely,



Melodys Pen


Follow me on twitter- https://twitter.com/melodys_pen

No comments:

Post a Comment